Thursday, May 06, 2010

I stamped because...



...I had to! Mother's Day is coming up and I had no Mother's Day cards! I whipped up two extremely simple cards that I cased from a swap card I received years ago. I won't go into details about the cards I made because it's not my design, but I thought I'd share how and where I store my cards.

My mother loves antiques and furniture, and she passed that love on to me. I bought a secretary for our first home 10 years ago and I have to say that it's one of my favorite pieces in our house. I never really used it though until recently. I finally decided to bring down all of my finished cards and put them in the secretary along with my address book and stamps. I love it! It's a system that really works and my husband uses it too!


As much as I love my little stamp room, it's usually a mess and I'm not very organized in it. When I brought my finished cards down into the living room, it was much easier to pick one out, address it and send it out!

Have you sent any cards out lately?

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I love your secretary! It's exactly the kind of furniture piece I hope to buy someday.
Sending letters, cards and the like is a dying artform these days, which is too bad. I was raised to be a card sender, and I always will be, even if the world changes around me.
Keep stamping!
:)
Leigh

Davina said...

I just clicked on 'next blog' and found your blog. You make such lovely scrapbook pages. I have done a few, but haven't put the photos on my blog. I love making cards too. I am trying to get my blog up to date and am posting some older items. I live in England.