Friday, December 28, 2007

Embrace Life!


Embrace Life! Sounds like a good New Year's Resolution, doesn't it?

My resolutions are simply a continuation of current resolutions. All of them center around getting organized, prioritizing, and simplifying. General, I know, but let me share a few rules I try to live by:

1. Clear out clutter every day. I don't even bring junk mail into the house. I throw it out immediately unless it needs to be shredded. Whenever I feel overwhelmed by clutter or chores, I just walk into a room and find 10 things that need to be thrown out or given away. I keep a bag by the back door or in my car that goes to Goodwill.

2. When overwhelmed, just get up and do something! Usually there is laundry to be done, or at least a random dish that never made it to the dishwasher thanks to the kids!

3. Reevaluate my purchases. Do I really need more ribbon? (don't answer that) Do I need more Basic Grey Christmas paper? I try to use what I have before I place another online order!

So how does "Embrace Life" fit these resolutions? If I'm organized and on top of things around here, I have more time to be with my family and friends and I'm more relaxed! It's that simple!

So, how will you Embrace Life in '08?

By the way, this card uses the Embrace Life stamps from SU as well as River Rock, Really Rust, Choc Chip cardstock and Ginger Blossom DP. All supplies and ribbon by SU!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds like a good plan! I need to follow your number 2 on the list!

snaphappy said...

What a great post!

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Cammie's site...I love the card...It's my main motto...and I work hard to live by it!!

Congrats on your move, love the shots from Disney!!