Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!



Hello everyone! It's Father's Day and I managed to make something special for my DH! This is some sort of slide mount chipboard book thingy that I got from my upline. I think you can get these at scrapbook stores, etc.

I covered it with SU patterned paper with a glue stick, and embellished with coasters and chipboard. The letters are made from a medium weight coaster and my Big Shot. I covered a coaster with SU cardstock with a glue stick, then ran it through the Big Shot using the Go Slim upper alpha by Ellison (now discontinued).

The oval piece is chipboard from Basic Grey, I believe. I used an ink pad to color it. I inked it up with True Thyme and sponged some Close to Cocoa over that. I also sponged a little Cocoa over the blue letters to tone down the bright blue.

On the inside, I covered it with more DP and put in a pic of the kids with some little handwritten notes saying what my kids loved about their dad. I absolutely hate my handwriting, and would love to have used little alpha stamps, but I really wasn't in the mood to stamp that much info! In addition, handwriting is much more authentic than printing or stamping in my opinion, so I have to get over my dislike of my handwriting! My husband, Chris, loved the gift and asked me if had actually made it! For a minute, he thought it was purchased!

Thanks for checking in with me, I'll be back with more cards later. I'm having another Card Buffet this week and will share some of those cards with you all!






Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

blah said...

This is great! I probably would have said the same thing as your dh because this is amazing.

Gail Binette said...

A lovely creation!

corinnesomerville said...

I love this card...what a great way to combine a card with a little scrapbooking !!!

Love it
Corinne (from Canada)