Friday, June 08, 2007

Teacher Gifts!


I wanted to make something special for my children's teachers this year. They've really been good to my son and daughter and I wanted to show our appreciation. I've been seeing a lot of strawberry-themed projects lately, so it's been on my mind. I pulled together these chocolate and strawberry baskets and used the retired Stampin' Up Oh So Sweet stamp set to top it all off!

First, I used these adorable red baskets from the Target dollar spot that I've had for a year now. I lined the bottom of the baskets with white shredded paper or excelsior from Michaels. I found these inexpensive plastic bowls in the candy decorating aisle at Hobby Lobby and put the strawberries in that and added a container of chocolate fruit dip from the grocery store. I added my favorite Offray 1.5" mini check red gingham ribbon and a 3x3 note card and that's it! Easy gift!

The red bags are card sets that I made for the assistants. These red bags are inexpensive party goody bags that come in packs of 10 or 12. I can't remember where I got them, but I find myself using them a lot! I punched holes and tied with ribbon and finished it off with one of my many craft store silk flowers and my favorite big polka dot brads from Hobby Lobby.

I really love to make cute gifts and I love to see how much people appreciate a hand-made gift!

I'm tired from the long week's end-of-school activities. Not sure how much stamping I'll be doing. I'll mostly be hangin' out and relaxin'!

I'll post some more new samples as soon as I can!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa said...

These are awesome Vera!