Monday, April 23, 2007

Clippie Craze!


I just had to make one of these when I saw them on Splitcoast. So, here's my version!

Here's how I did it. I ran 3" strips of the patterned DP and cardstock through my xyron. I then adhered the strips to recycled chipboard from the back of an old desk calendar also cut into 3" strips. I then cut all of the strips down to little squares just the right size to fit over the Accucut flower die. Very little waste of my paper and chipboard. The pieces of chipboard have patterned DP on one side and solid on the other so you can see both papers.

I finally topped off the flower with a jeweled brad from Making Memories. You know I love the bling! I then adhered all of the pieces together using an adhesive called Goop. I prefer Goop to E6000. Goop is thicker and the pieces don't move around much once you put them together.

I found the Goop at Hobby Lobby, the grosgrain is from SU, and the clips are from Wal Mart.

I've gotta say that the xyron and the Big Shot are handy tools/toys to have around! I love mine!

I'm still working on my Stamp Buffet cards. I got most of it done yesterday, and will post the cards as soon as I'm finished! Happy Monday everyone!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the clippies. I have made a few and have more to make, so may do it like yours. I want to figure out how to adhere an initial to them. Thanks for posting in your blog, Vera.
Cheryl

Peggy Maier said...

I've made so many of these - everyone loves them. I like the way you did yours... really cute!