Thursday, April 19, 2007

Doodle Challenged


I struggle to pull off the current doodle style of stamping and papercrafting. It's not my usual style of stamping, but I love the look and I hope I can learn to use it in my scrapbooks and cards.

Having said that, I really liked making this card. I started with a bunch of pieces of Summer Sun cardstock that I had left over from a class I had taught. I really am not fond of Summer Sun, but I was determined to use it up. I stamped Canvas BG with More Mustard ink to tone down the yellow. Then I stamped the flourish from Doodle This in black and used a gel pen to highlight it. I love that gel pen from SU!

Finally, I added a band of cardstock and ribbon and topped it off with the SU Designer Label Punch box kit. I stamped a sentiment from Just So Sayings to finish it off. Of course, I had to add a flower that I got from a cheap bunch of white flowers at AC Moore. I did use a Making Memories tiny yellow flower to bring in the yellow and used a black SU brad to hold the flowers together.

I do want to give credit to Rachelhope13 over at splitcoast for inspiring this layout. Her card is different, but her layout inspired this card.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: